I was confidently going to share an update of my skin care routine with you guys until a break out happened,smh! I think it is mostly because of my recent bad eating habits.I have oily facial skin and at times it gets hard to have it under control.So whenever something like this happens I usually run to my natural home made skin care remedies.Once my skin goes back to the way it was earlier this year or even better I will share with you guys how I achieved it with my skin care routine.I have been using turmeric on and off for a while since I knew about its magic on the skin back in 2012.I used to make a turmeric paste with rose water only and its been good.This time around I decided to try a different mask with more skin friendly ingredients and the results have been good too.
Ingredients: Milk,honey, turmeric, and Tea tree oil.
You will need:
- Mixing bowl or glass
- storage container
- One table spoon and one tea spoon.
- foundation brush or gloves (unless you wanna have yellow stained fingers.lol)
No specific measurements were used,I just added an amount of each until I got a desired thickness of the paste.
- Add a few table spoons of turmeric in the mixing bowl
- Add in honey
- Stir to let it mix
- Add in milk and keep stirring
- then add a few drops of tea tree and stir again.
- Voila!you have your face mask. 🙂
- On a clean face apply the mixture using a brush or using your hands covered in gloves and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes to dry up.
- Use a wet piece of cloth to wipe it off and wash your face.Use a cloth that will not be used again because it stains,I used face wipes after washing them a little in lukewarm water.
- In a sealed container,store the remaining paste in the fridge and use it at least three times in that week.
If you will be walking out of the house soon after that,remember to wash your face with soap to take off the yellow stains from the turmeric.
Turmeric controls oily skin,has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help fight against acne and makes acne scars less visible.It also has anti ageing properties.
Milk has hydrating and moisturising properties on the skin.Also helps get rid of dry skin with its cleansing and skin brightening effects.
Honey has moisturising properties on the skin leaving it with a glow once used.Also has antioxidants that slow down aging. It also has anti bacterial properties helping with acne prevention and treatment.
Tea tree oil is also very good for the skin and has numerous effects one of them being fighting against and controlling acne.You can dab a cotton bud in tea tree oil and apply it directly to affected areas.
See how Sharon of thisisess.com uses tea tree in this video in which she shared her skin care routine.
Make sure you are not walking out under direct sunlight after applying teat tree oil because it is said to increase sensitivity to UV rays.Also if overused tea tree oil can lead to drying out the skin.
If you are in Dar es salaam and wondering where you can buy Tea tree oil,check with JD pharmacy. Last time I saw it there and it was sold for 45,000tshs (I know its a very tiny bottle for that price but you only need a few drop now and then).