I have missed going places especially Zanzibar,that island gives me some sort of calm.If you live in Tanzania mainland and have not been to Zanzibar yet,I challenge you to do it this year.It will be nice if you take the ferry either when going,returning or both go and return.If you prefer flying,fast jet has come up with a cheaper and even faster option.
On a different note here is a throw back from
Zanzibar Maputo.Not with the best pictures but we will get there one day.
1.Before departing from the JNIA Dar es salaam this was around 3am and I arrived Maputo around 1400 hours because I was connecting flights at Addis Ababa,what a long route I took.
2. Where I stayed,Southern Sun hotel.I had made friends with almost all the staff by the day I was leaving.I miss their smiles as they greeted me with “Bom dia” every morning.I shared more pictures from the hotel here .
3. The best meal I had in Maputo – duck meat.It was cooked by a great chef who is also the restaurant owner. He seemed to be a great man,we talked a lot and he had so many stories to share about working as a Chef in the bush in Zambia previous years.
4. I got Inacio (the taxi driver who played multiple roles of a driver, tour guide, and photographer) to take a lot of pictures of me when visiting the Maputo Central Railway Station a place that is highly recommended on trip advisor.
5. I went shopping on two different evenings and got a few things like this one dress I have been wearing so many times and some nice sun glasses. I am still thinking of what to make with that capulana (kitenge) .I was really confused with the prices and rates.I couldn’t tell if something was too pricey and had to convert to tshs now and then to see if it was what I could normally afford.Do you see part of the bathroom on the picture also?
6. I love vegetable soup and this was a nice starter before the duck meat above.I ate so much this day,I even took away some of my meal because I couldn’t finish everything.After my lunch at this nice restaurant I headed to Matola.
7. Dinner time at the hotel.
I really wish I took more and better pictures.If you scroll down my instagram page there are some pictures I posted while still in Mozambique that I have not included here you can go have a look @bintiesque.
I am also currently working on changing my blog’s look and I’m excited.Can’t wait to show you guys the changes.
Share with us some travel stories too like when did you last travel?where to? where next are you planning to go and when?Lets have a chat on the comment section below 🙂 .